Tuesday 21 October 2014

Heresy Ultramarines Paint Scheme Dilemma

I've always painted my Ultramarines in a dark blue. In the current GW paint range I'd use Kantor Blue. This never turned out too dark on my 40k army.

I haven't done an awful lot of work on my 30k army, but I have basecoated a lot of it in the Kantor colour. Before the wash it looks great, but on the few minis I've washed they come out so dark, almost black!

Since watching Mark Bedford's speed painting pod at Warhammer Fest I'd been running ideas through my mind about how to get my army painted quickly. Then it struck me, I could maybe solve both issues, speed and darkness, in one go. GW make a can of Macragge Blue spray paint!

So I've painted up a couple of quick test models to make an actual comparison. The newer lighter mini certainly looks more like an Ultramarine and less like a Night Lord, and depending on how good this spray basecoat is it could revolutionise my painting. I've taken a few photos with different lighting conditions so you can see the difference, and all opinions and feedback would be greatly appreciated, cheers.





No comments:

Post a Comment