Thursday 18 April 2013

Brotherhood of the Storm

I really don't know why it took me so long to finish this book. It was a great read, fast paced, not too heavy on plot, I just never got around to it I suppose.

It was another of Black Library's limited time hardback novellas, written by Chris Wraight and the first time the White Scars have shown up in the Horus Heresy. I think this will be the last of these styles of book I'll buy about a chapter or faction I don't have a massive like for. It came with no added extras such as posters etc but cost the same as Catechism of Hate, the chaplain Cassius novella, which was a shame. But I knew that when I clicked to buy, so mustn't grumble.

The story covers a couple of meetings. The first being two very different 'captains' and that thread of the story follows how their brotherhoods get along, learn from each other and wage war against the Orks.

The other meeting takes longer to set up, and is between an official from the Emperors admin department, and the Primarch of the White Scars himself. There's a big build up about him being uber evasive and hard to track down. Then it turns out he's just hiding in his bedroom! There is a great surprise mystery guest that pops in for a chat, but I won't spoil that for you.

All in all it was a nice read, possibly not worth the price tag, and definitely not worth the ebay prices. But on the stories merit alone it deserves a solid 7/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment