Tuesday 18 October 2011

Grombrindal, The White Dwarf

This actually makes me really happy that I'm still a subscriber of white dwarf! I originally took out my sub to get my hands on the Dwarf model each year and was worried that this years would disappoint, how wrong I was. Even though I can't figure out how this is going to fit into my army (once I eventually get round to painting it) I'm going to try my hardest to shoehorn him in. One concept I was thinking of was setting my dwarfs in a seaside port with this dude leading the pirates, while my Bugman miniature(s) are in the town frequenting the inns and taverns! Let me know what you think of this idea, any suggestions for other nautical dwarfs would be much appreciated thanks!
Edit: I've just been flicking through the GW site seeing if there was anything to fit into my pirate themed army and shiver-me-timbers I've found gold!
These are in the collectors section, Long Drongs Slayer Pirates. They're quite pricey but they will fit perfectly with him, just need to get they're beards the same colour.

I was also thinking, what would any self respecting dwarf pirate use to shoot things? Cannons that's what! By replacing or kitbashing the crew these guys could look like they'd just wheeled that beast off their ship and onto shore.

That's it for now, yo ho ho and a bottle of dwarven rum!

No comments:

Post a Comment